Search Engine Optimization is a strategy that helps businesses enjoy better visibility. Visibility is very important since it makes it possible for the business to reach out to the right people with the right message for the right reactions. It increases the ranking of the business website on search engines to attract and also retain visitors for the sake of the business. The retention increases sales conversion possibilities and this is good for business. It also creates the potential for repeat customers, valuable for any businesses.
SEO is part of web marketing, but many other strategies can also be employed to make the marketing as rewarding as it should be. Internet users use search engines to find what they want and any business with a strong online presence is becoming easy to notice. It is important to remember that most of the users will never get past the first page of search results and to be easily noticed, your business has to make it to the highest possible ranking on the results. Those who continue looking without changing the search keyword will go probably up to the third page then make a change.
In as much as social media has taken over in marketing, web marketing still enjoys a huge chunk, especially from very serious customers who want to get all details to aid a purchase in a short period of time. Using SEO web marketing, you will notice an increase in traffic to your site. The strategy will also help in improving your brand credibility since most consumers trust the results that they get from the search engines such as Google. They consider the top information reliable and will easily trust your brand if you rank high.
Web marketing services are handled differently to achieve the best results. The SEO companies will use keyword density, Meta tags and inbound links to make the marketing process easy and fruitful for your business. The content that is on the website also plays an important role in the success of web marketing hence making it important to remain relevant and interesting. You can enjoy content writing services to ensure that your website is good enough for all your visitors easily giving them the information they need to make a purchase. In most cases, you will need the help of professionals to get it right with your SEO web marketing strategy.
When looking for a good provider, consider the experience in SEO marketing as well as the services that your business can enjoy to enjoy all benefits that come with the strategy. A good provider should listen to all your business needs first before offering you the best solutions. If you are completely lost when it comes to this kind of marketing, your provider should be able to offer you helpful advice to get the very best from the efforts that you direct to improve your online presence for the business. Sometimes, a few changes are all what you need to get your brand out there.
Web marketing provides businesses an aggressive means to push products and brands. For this reason, the desire to reach the top place in search engines can be realized and can also mean the success of any online company. Top search engines such as Yahoo, MSN and Google have been used to re-create the performance of websites, especially, in sales performance and awareness for brands.
Every business in the Internet competes for attention. This made web marketing achieve global spread because almost everybody now wants to get audience. However, getting traffic may not be as easy if competition on the web is looked into. Stay ahead, and keep the lead. To create a great Web site use Web Design and HTML. Web development and Web site design to build Web sites that customers will appreciate. These methods below can provide the means to make that a reality for an Internet business.
One of the most excellent methods of getting relevant traffic is called Search engine optimization (SEO). Further processes of directing traffic to sites are often expensive yet do not also assure high conversion rate compared to SEO. SEO is a proven method, which is very effective in bringing relevant traffic. It offers more of quality leads while having quantity at the same time.
Here are few reasons why websites should be applied with SEO:
o 400 million people or a total 92% of internet users are on Google, Yahoo or MSN to get information before they buy products or services.
o 93% users have short attention span that is why they only see pages 1-2. So, if your site can’t be found there, you are losing customers already.
o 33% of internet users trust those sites that are advertised in the search results.
o SEO is 4 times more effective than other methods of online advertising like Pay Per Click.
o Getting high on search engine ranking is a 24/7 campaign. Even when you sleep, your site is still gaining customers.
o Online marketing is way ahead in getting savings in advertising costs compared to traditional print advertising.
This article sets out several Web marketing solutions – presenting the pros and cons of various complementary Web marketing activities.
5 Complementary Web Marketing Activity Combinations
- Article and Video Marketing (my favorite)
- PPC and Facebook Ads (paid advertising)
- Affiliate Programs
- Social Media Campaigns
- Blogging, bookmarking, and organic SEO
I started with blogging and organic SEO. Once I started ranking very well, I added article marketing. Recently, I ventured into video marketing. If I were to do it again, I would have started article marketing earlier.
My core activities are complementary – they focus on publishing content. I leverage that content by publishing it in my business blog, in EzineArticles, and then creating videos from that content.
That said, I’ve also dabbled in PPC, Facebook Ads, and social media campaigns. I like publishing content the most; consequently I did this consistently and did it better.
I’ll briefly set out the pros and cons of each combination of Web marketing activities.
1. Article and Video Marketing
- You can do it for free
- If done well, builds credibility and can be very effective.
- Can easily leverage the content.
- Residual benefits – the published content works for your business indefinitely – as long as it remains published.
- Relatively easily outsourced. You’ll need to be judicious who you hire. You tend to get what you pay for.
- Huge leverage opportunity if other websites publish your articles and/or videos. Could go viral. This is the best-case scenario.
- The backlinks can help your website’s organic SEO – especially if your content is syndicated.
- It’s time consuming to create the content.
- It takes a while to see results (especially compared to paid advertising).
- May take a little while to get the right people doing it for you.
- Scaling up takes a little while because you need to generate the content.
2. PPC and Facebook Ads
- Immediate results. You may have to test and tweak some, but you can get website visitors very, very quickly.
- Easily scalable. If you want more traffic, pay more money.
- Target as many keywords as you like immediately.
- Quickly measurable. Because results are immediate, you can test and tweak very quickly.
- Costs are variable in that you pay when you get desired action (i.e. click thrus to your website).
- Fairly easy to outsource – you’ll want to shop around. There are many ineffective and/or costly PPC and Facebook consultants.
- Costs money. In fact, if your target keywords become more competitive, you costs can rise.
- Likely lower conversion rate on your business website because visitors are not pre-sold (like they are with content publishing).
- If you don’t do organic SEO, you miss out on traffic from the organic search engine listings.
3. Running an Affiliate Program
If you offer a product or service for which you can recruit affiliates to promote your business, then you could have a ready-made army of sales-people very quickly.
The key is having a very high converting sales funnel and offer excellent incentives to attract affiliate marketers.
- You can build a massive Web presence very quickly if you attract a lot of affiliate marketers (or a few effective affiliate marketers).
- Your costs are associated directly with sales or some form of action. In other words, the costs are attached to sales or some form of action that you pay commissions on.
- High conversion rates if your affiliate marketers pre-sell your website visitors.
- Improve organic SEO rankings with many incoming links from affiliate marketers (assuming some of them link to you via DoFollow links).
- Residual benefits with the content your affiliates publish (assuming your affiliates don’t remove the published content).
- Easy to hire an affiliate manager to run the operation.
- Costs money. You share the revenues.
- If you don’t recruit affiliates, you’ll have wasted time establishing an affiliate program.
- Time investment in managing your affiliate program – working with affiliates, developing sales tools and resources, etc.
- You’re dependent on the efforts of your affiliates. If they are not effective, you’ll not only lose them as affiliates, but you won’t make sales.
- Legal issues may arise if your affiliates breach any regulations in promoting your products/services.
4. Social Media Campaigns
I’m referring to Facebook, Twitter, online profiles, forum participation, blog posting, and other community participation activities.
- Build trust among your community. You can establish credibility and expert status with ongoing contribution. If you succeed developing expert status, this can be extremely effective. Your products/services will sell well – in fact, you’ll create demand for your business specifically.
- It’s a social activity, which may appeal to you.
- No or low cost. You can build Facebook pages, use Twitter, comment on blogs, and join forums for no cost.
- Requires ongoing participation. Once you stop, your presence dwindles.
- Difficult to outsource. It’s you the community wants to dialogue with.
- Not effective for every type of market. If your customers don’t participate in social media, then this approach may not be as effective.
5. Blogging, Bookmarking, and Organic SEO
These three work well together. In fact, blogging results in organic SEO if you apply some simple on-site and off-site SEO techniques. When you write great content, it makes sense to get attention to it by bookmarking it with the prominent bookmarking services (Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, etc.).
- Blogging has the same pros as article marketing. The activity is the same – only the platform differs.
- Bookmarking is a very quick way to get attention to your business. Be sure you bookmark truly interesting content. Don’t bookmark sales pages.
- Organic SEO is free and can bring you a lot of business.
- Blogging has the same cons as article marketing.
- Social bookmarking is time-consuming and may not result in conversion. If you attract visitors because of an interesting article, those visitors may not be interested in what you have to offer. It’s difficult for some types of businesses to use social bookmarking that results in sales.
- Organic SEO takes a long time to get results. If you outsource it, it can be very expensive. However, if you rank well in the search engines, the potential sales is huge.
- Also with organic SEO, you must continue working on it to stay ahead of your competitors.
When choosing Web marketing solutions, consider the following:
- If you’ll be doing it yourself, do you like the activity? If you hate writing, then article marketing isn’t for you unless you’re prepared to hire writers.
- Know your market. Will you find them or they you through your chosen Web marketing activities? For instance, if your market doesn’t use Twitter, then there’s little point in using Twitter.
- Don’t do something just because you heard it’s effective. This results in jumping from one activity to another. Pick and stick.